FANDOM


  • At the time of writing, by looking at Series and Special Events, there are 15 category pages: 14 are race series' and one is a Special Event series.

    Category Pages

        5.4.2 Category:Race-spec Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale World Tour new page:Race-spec Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale World Tour

    6.A SPECIAL EVENT Category:Speedrush TV Challenge new page: Speedrush TV Challenge

        6.1.1 Category:12+ Cyl Slam new page: 12+ Cyl Slam

    6.3 Category:Lexus LFA Showcase Series new page: Lexus LFA Showcase Series

        6.3.1 Category:50 Years of 911 new page: 50 Years of 911

        6.4.1 Category:Battle Italia new page: Battle Italia

        7.1.1 Category:Speed Demons new page: Speed Demons

        7.1.2 Category:Clash Of The Classics Clash Of The Classics

    7.2 Category:Spirit Of Ferrari new page: Spirit Of Ferrari

        7.2.1 Category:Spider Showdown new page: Spider Showdown

        7.2.2 Category:Enzo Ferrari Triumph new page: Enzo Ferrari Triumph

    7.3 Category:Zenith Series new page: Zenith Series

        7.3.1 Category:All Star Vendetta new page: All Star Vendetta

    7.4 Category:Vertex Series new page: Vertex Series

        7.4.1 Category:Hybrid Hypercar Clash new page: Hybrid Hypercar Clash

    I created a google sheet a few months ago and had a go at creating a page for Accolade Open, I have now updated the google sheet, with the new N= tier number and extra race tracks: Google Sheet

    I'm not sure how D and D2 parsers work, so will need further investigation, they will need to be edited manually until I can add them to the sheet.

    If any editors what to have a go creating the new style race series pages either from a Category page, or from scratch, this information may help:

    Sources of information

    Method

    I found a category page to edit, I choose 7.4.1 Category:Hybrid_Hypercar_Clash as I had unlocked the page and could double check information. Any of the above 14 category pages can be chosen.

    The Category page's source for race description and car template was copied to the new page (via Notepad++)

    The Category page's event information needs to be converted into the event template format, I copied the table into the Google Sheet to the right of the yellow area on the Visual Sheet tab.

    Google Sheet Information

    The Google Sheet has four tabs:

    • Visual sheet - Is the area for entering the race information
    • Data - Has lookup data for Race type, Track, track variant and Laps
    • Calculation Sheet - This prepares the visual data adds pipes carriage returns etc
    • Completed code - Has the finished events template code ready to be copied and pasted into the race page

    The table doesn't format exactly, so I had to do some cutting and pasting to line up the data.

    Once prepared I could copy and paste special values (keyboard: ALT+E E V = Paste values only) into a cell next to the data.

    Tier.Sub Tier

    This could be typed in e.g. 1.1,1.2,1.3,2.1 etc

    Event Description and Event Sub Description

    Event description and sub description needed to be split, from the original text, so was copied and pasted special values to both cells, then F2 to edit the cells. Either the beginning or end of the description was removed. If the tier has sub tiers the description could be copied to the sub tiers.

    Race

    This is a drop down list of the race types, Autocross, Cup etc. I found I could start typing the event type and press tab once the event was highlighted, e.g. If I typed C TAB the Cup would be entered, for E, the cursor keys could be used or type El or Elimination and En or Endurance. It is important to have the exact name and case, e.g. Cup must start with a capitol C, Head to Head, must have capital H's


    Track and Sub Track

    Its important to choose the correct track name to keep the RR3 Wikia consistent with the game - if there are any discrepancies the game wins :) , e.g. Laguna Seca is Mazda Raceway Laguna, again by typing the name of the track Lag in the cell the sheet will automatically find a matching track, Tab key to move to the sub track.

    If there is no sub stack leave it blank, e.g. Melbourne.

    If there is a sub track, but it isn't clear, e.g. GP has been entered either refer to the game or use the Real Racing 3 Wiki:Sandbox#Tracks_names_and_variants, e.g. Silverstone - GP could be The Bridge Grand Prix Circuit 2009 or The Grand Prix Circuit so needed to be checked with the game, but Dubai GP can be converted to Dubai Autodrome – Grand Prix Circuit.

    For showcase events: The first line of the showcase needs to be linked to the car page, for cars with short name the car can be entered in square brackets, for cars with long names the car will need a pipe and the car description split between track and sub track e.g.

    Track: [[Porsche 918 Spyder Concept|Porsche 918 Spyder

    Sub Track: Concept]] Showcase

    Note the open square brackets and close square brackets are in different cells, the calculation tab will automatically put in the carriage return.


    Vs Track: [[McLaren P1]]

    Sub Track: Showcase


    Laps

    Enter a lap of 2 or more.

    If the lap is 1 or less leave it blank, as the template automatically adds the lap as 1. This field can be left blank.

    PR

    Enter a PR value with one decimal place, e.g. 86.0. This field can be left blank.

    Reward (R$)

    Enter the R$ rewards value, with a comma as the thousand separator, e.g. 3,795 is correct, 3795 and 3'795 is not. Again this is to keep the Wikia consistent.

    CRB $

    If known enter the Clean Race Bonus R$ rewards value, with a comma as the thousand separator. This field can be left blank.

    Reward Fame

    If known enter the fame points value, with a thousand separator of a comma. This field can be left blank if unknown.

    Once all the information has bee entered goto the Completed code tab, Highlight all the code and copy it (keyboard: ALT + A then ALT + C will highlight all and copy to clipboard)

    Paste into the race page or combine with the car and description data already copied to Notpad / Notepad++ then paste in everything in one go. The data will need to be pasted into the source for the new page.


    I hope you will find this Google Sheet useful for creating the events data, I have shared the sheet to everyone, as read, to edit, you don't need a google account to access the sheet.

      Loading editor
    • Just to make sure I understood well, we have to edit the data from the page we want to create in the Google Sheet. Am I right?

        Loading editor
    • If it helps, yes. You can take the data from an old category page and manually convert it to the event data template, if you want to. Or with the google sheet you can copy in the old category page event data and visually type or copy/paste the data in, the event data template code is automatically created in the final tab, ready to be pasted in the new style race page :)

        Loading editor
    • RR3 Michael P wrote:
      If it helps, yes. You can take the data from an old category page and manually convert it to the event data template, if you want to. Or with the google sheet you can copy in the old category page event data and visually type or copy/paste the data in, the event data template code is automatically created in the final tab, ready to be pasted in the new style race page :)

      I'm going to try now the Speed Rush TV Challenge. It's being a little bit difficult because I have to let Event Sub Description blank. Just that.

      EDIT: Or maybe I can put the challenge in the Event Sub Description. Will that work?

        Loading editor
    • Guillejarque wrote:

      RR3 Michael P wrote:
      If it helps, yes. You can take the data from an old category page and manually convert it to the event data template, if you want to. Or with the google sheet you can copy in the old category page event data and visually type or copy/paste the data in, the event data template code is automatically created in the final tab, ready to be pasted in the new style race page :)

      I'm going to try now the Speed Rush TV Challenge. It's being a little bit difficult because I have to let Event Sub Description blank. Just that.

      EDIT: Or maybe I can put the challenge in the Event Sub Description. Will that work?

      Sorry Guillejarque, Speed Rush TV is slightly different as it's a challenge template, see Real Racing 3 Wiki:Sandbox for the challenge template outline.

        Loading editor
    • RR3 Michael P wrote:

      Guillejarque wrote:

      RR3 Michael P wrote:
      If it helps, yes. You can take the data from an old category page and manually convert it to the event data template, if you want to. Or with the google sheet you can copy in the old category page event data and visually type or copy/paste the data in, the event data template code is automatically created in the final tab, ready to be pasted in the new style race page :)
      I'm going to try now the Speed Rush TV Challenge. It's being a little bit difficult because I have to let Event Sub Description blank. Just that.

      EDIT: Or maybe I can put the challenge in the Event Sub Description. Will that work?

      Sorry Guillejarque, Speed Rush TV is slightly different as it's a challenge template, see Real Racing 3 Wiki:Sandbox for the challenge template outline.

      Anyway, I think SpeedRush TV is difficult. I will continue with other one later. Thanks. Just let the Google Sheet as it was.

        Loading editor
    • Now I have time, I'm going to try the Lexus LFA Showcase Series, as it only has 9 tiers.

        Loading editor
    • Guillejarque wrote:
      Now I have time, I'm going to try the Lexus LFA Showcase Series, as it only has 9 tiers.

      Please, can someone who has unlocked Lexus LFA Showcase Series how many laps are in 9.3, the final race. Any info about this race and all Head 2 Head of the serie (laps are not visible in the category page) would be very appreciated.

        Loading editor
    • Guillejarque wrote:

      Guillejarque wrote:
      Now I have time, I'm going to try the Lexus LFA Showcase Series, as it only has 9 tiers.

      Please, can someone who has unlocked Lexus LFA Showcase Series how many laps are in 9.3, the final race. Any info about this race and all Head 2 Head of the serie (laps are not visible in the category page) would be very appreciated.

      Here you go m8:

      1.1 = 2 laps

      2.3 = 2

      5.1 = 3

      6.3 = 4

      7.3 = 2

      9.3 = 3 laps

        Loading editor
    • RR3 Michael P wrote:

      Guillejarque wrote:

      Guillejarque wrote:
      Now I have time, I'm going to try the Lexus LFA Showcase Series, as it only has 9 tiers.
      Please, can someone who has unlocked Lexus LFA Showcase Series how many laps are in 9.3, the final race. Any info about this race and all Head 2 Head of the serie (laps are not visible in the category page) would be very appreciated.
      Here you go m8:

      1.1 = 2 laps

      2.3 = 2

      5.1 = 3

      6.3 = 4

      7.3 = 2

      9.3 = 3 laps

      Thank you very much. It's looking well.

        Loading editor
    • It took me two hours. I just had to see the Completed Code window under the Google Sheet. You just have to:

      1.-Create the page and copy via source editor another H/Events template (I took the one from AWD Attack)

      2.-Delete all previous data, unless some caracters

      3.-Pass all the data to the Google Sheet.

      4.-Click on the Completed Code window under the sheet.

      5.-Copy and Paste via Source Editor. 

      Easy when you know it!

        Loading editor
    • Guillejarque wrote: It took me two hours. I just had to see the Completed Code window under the Google Sheet. You just have to:

      1.-Create the page and copy via source editor another H/Events template (I took the one from AWD Attack)

      2.-Delete all previous data, unless some caracters

      3.-Pass all the data to the Google Sheet.

      4.-Click on the Completed Code window under the sheet.

      5.-Copy and Paste via Source Editor. 

      Easy when you know it!

      Looking good Guillejarque,

      I've added a decimal point to the PR values, e.g. 55 is 55.0 and added some carriage returns to the tier descriptions. It looks like someone created the page, but named it wrong, Lexus LFA Showcase your page is correct Lexus LFA Showcase Series so a comparison can be made between the pages, if you want to see.

      I've gone back though the outstanding category pages, again, I can't see any new style pages. 7 race series pages left :)

        Loading editor
    • RR3 Michael P wrote:

      Guillejarque wrote: It took me two hours. I just had to see the Completed Code window under the Google Sheet. You just have to:

      1.-Create the page and copy via source editor another H/Events template (I took the one from AWD Attack)

      2.-Delete all previous data, unless some caracters

      3.-Pass all the data to the Google Sheet.

      4.-Click on the Completed Code window under the sheet.

      5.-Copy and Paste via Source Editor. 

      Easy when you know it!

      Looking good Guillejarque,

      I've added a decimal point to the PR values, e.g. 55 is 55.0 and added some carriage returns to the tier descriptions. It looks like someone created the page, but named it wrong, Lexus LFA Showcase your page is correct Lexus LFA Showcase Series so a comparison can be made between the pages, if you want to see.

      I've gone back though the outstanding category pages, again, I can't see any new style pages. 7 race series pages left :)

      Oh, now I understand why Kuzz deleted my page: for no reasons. Come on, just look at the elite career and see that is clearly Lexus LFA Showcase SERIES. So my page should be back.

        Loading editor
    • It was a duplicate. This could've been easily solved by renaming the page instead.

        Loading editor
    • I've renamed the other page now, sorry Guillejarque, I missed the other page.

        Loading editor
    • RR3 Michael P wrote:
      I've renamed the other page now, sorry Guillejarque, I missed the other page.

      Don't worry, the work is done.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks all, the final page has now been created, some links on Most Profitable Races and Series and Special Events need to be updated, I'll see lunch time.

        Loading editor
    • Do we have anything that translates the Event Page data to the Cars and Available Races Events Table?

      i went to update the Mazda Furai with its Exclusive Series, but the source code for the ES is in a very differetn format than the one for the Event Table.

        Loading editor
    • See User blog:RR3 Michael P/How do I edit pages for Racing series?

      I hope this helps

      RR3 Michael P (talk) 07:02, October 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Amrosa wrote: Do we have anything that translates the Event Page data to the Cars and Available Races Events Table?

      i went to update the Mazda Furai with its Exclusive Series, but the source code for the ES is in a very differetn format than the one for the Event Table.

      Are you referring to the Events tables for every car (Mazda Furai ... RR3_Wiki:Events_Mazda#Mazda_Furai) which is linked from the Cars and Available Races page?

      That is a generated page so really shouldn't be edited as any edits you make will be replaced the next time the page is generated.

      Tell me what you think is wrong and I'll re-create the page.

      UPDATE

      Scratch that, I've now updated it. Thanks for that, I don't know how/why I missed that.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.