The KTM X-Bow (pronounced crossbow) is an ultra-light sports car for road and race use, produced by Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM. It is the first car in their product range. It was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in 2008.
KTM developed the X-Bow in collaboration with Kiska Design, Audi, and Dallara. The X-Bow uses a turbocharged four-cylinder 2.0 litre Audi engine. The 2008 model produces 237 hp (177 kW; 240 PS) at 5500 rpm and 310 newton metres (230 lb·ft) of torque between 2000 and 5500 rpm. and can accelerate from 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 3.9 seconds. Its top speed is 217 km/h (134.9 mph). In the 2011 X-Bow R model the Audi engine is further tuned to produce 300 hp (224 kW; 304 PS) and 400 newton metres (300 lb·ft) of torque at 3300 rpm.
Originally, KTM planned a production of 500 units per year; however, the company increased production to 1,000 cars a year and built a new plant near Graz due to high demand.
The KTM X-Bow R is available in three series:
- Open Sky Challenge career series in the Master category
- Grip Fiends bonus series in the Master category
- Open Sky Challenge II bonus series in the Master category
This vehicle was added in the Open Wheelers Update (v2.2) released in April 2014. It can be unlocked by earning 7 trophies in Open Sky Challenge or 11 trophies in Open Sky Challenge II or as soon as Grip Fiends is unlocked.
This vehicle can be acquired for 115 or 92 with showcase discount.
This vehicle is used in the following special events:
- Used in Marquis World Championship for Stage 2 Goal 3
|46.5|| 144 mph|
|3.79 s|| 105.0 ft|
|1.50 g||115 |
| Max PR|
| 155 mph|
|3.39 s|| 99.4 ft|
|1.70 g|| R$280,500 |
| Max PR|
| 170 mph|
|3.00 s|| 97.0 ft|
|1.79 g|| +187 |
| Top Speed|
|White|| purchase before any upgrades|
Or instant purchase
|Green||purchase after any upgrades|
For upgrades, including PR values, please see the project page KTM X-Bow R, please be aware PR values can vary, depending on the upgrade order.
- This is the sole car from KTM in the game.
- This car is described in Marquis World Championship as a go-kart (it currently is).
- This car may be seen as one of the least useful for Open Sky Challenge, due to its cost and its relative importance in the series. You'll need to win 7 trophies in Open Sky Challenge to unlock it.
- This vehicle was added in the Open Wheelers Update (v. 2.2) of April 2014.
- This go-kart is used in Endurance Gauntlet Stage 2 Goal 1.
- This car has the most grip of any road-legal car, when fully upgraded, in the game.
|Marquis World Championship|
|Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2013) • KTM X-Bow R • Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale • Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale (Limited)|
|Open Sky Challenge|
|Ariel Atom 3.5 • KTM X-Bow R • Caterham Seven 620 R • Ariel Atom V8|
|KTM X-Bow R • Audi R8 LMS ultra • BMW M3 GT2 ALMS|
|Open Sky Challenge II|
|Ariel Atom 3.5 • KTM X-Bow R • Caterham Seven 620 R • Lotus 3-Eleven|